Producer / Project Manager (Contract-To-Hire)
Smith + Connors is looking for a producer / project manager with agency experience for a remote contract-to-hire position immediately.
We are a brand-focused strategy, design, and website development studio. Our work encompasses brand identity, graphics, websites, branded environments, and communications. The partners work directly with clients across disciplines to produce exceptional strategies and assets for our purpose-driven organizations and businesses. We have extremely high standards, employ a collaborative design approach, and run a fast-paced environment. Our ethos: humanity, honesty, directness, clarity, and quality.
Smith + Connors specifically seeks diverse perspectives and ideas among design candidates. We are an inclusive studio committed to equity and diversity. This is an equal employment opportunity open to applicants within the United States.
Who We’re Looking For
Our studio is looking for a seasoned producer / project manager to execute on brands, websites, marketing campaigns, and more.
We are looking for someone who can quickly and fearlessly step into this role, knowing that your past experiences, resourcefulness and can-do attitude will allow you to take on any challenge that comes your way. We are also looking for that special person that is strong enough to lead teams and manage client relationships, but collaborative enough to enjoy working closely with our Directors (Creative, Strategy, and Technology) and team to solve problems. We are a tight-knit environment and culture serving society’s change makers. As such, big egos won’t work well here, nor will those who don’t enjoy working in close collaboration to others.
- Extremely detail-oriented and passionate about process, relishing the minute details of complex projects with fastidious QA.
- A fabulous communicator—both with clients and as a part of our team. We value thoughtfully written emails and conscientious verbal communication.
- Excited about working with designers, writers, clients, developers, people.
- Have a strong knowledge of the design process in order to develop and deliver complex projects.
The ideal candidate for Smith + Connors is:
- Open to a highly collaborative process.
- Deeply curious and passionate about design and communications.
- Energetic and enthusiastic about the work (humor is a huge plus!).
- Open to critique and learning from the team.
- Comfortable leaving your ego at the door and putting the work and client first.
- Able to clearly articulate your ideas.
Your core responsibilities will be:
- Lead production for multiple projects from discovery, strategy, design, development to production phases. Many of our projects are complex and digitally-centric (think web design and development) while some are purely creative (deep strategy, branding, collateral design, etc).
- Strategically manage studio PM tools, such as Harvest, Basecamp, etc.
- Work with the Creative, Strategy, and Tech Directors as the quality control police, assessing all deliverables and client-facing communications before they make their leap into the world.
- Work with the Production team to plan, strategize, resource, collaborate, and solve problems related to Account Management, project work, etc.
- Communicate with clients, fielding feedback, questions, and scope creep—keeping them in-the-know through a tailored approach to tracking reviews and deadlines. Manage each project’s scope and timeline to keep it on track and within budget.
What you'll achieve with us
- Elevate organizations on a mission.
- Deliver iconic brands.
- Create beautiful websites with stellar user experiences and admin ease.
- 3+ years as a Producer or Project Manager in a design or development agency.
- Solid agency experience is a must.
- Multidisciplinary production experience – must have successfully produced/managed web design projects and creative/design projects from discovery through execution.
- A command of leading PM tools.
- History of delivering projects on time and on budget.
- Choice of 2 Health Insurance Plans (incl Vision) with option of employer contribution or cash equivalent
- Simple IRA with Employer contributing 2% of salary regardless of your contribution
- 15 days of flexible, paid vacation
- 5 personal/sick days
- 8 paid holidays + 1 floating holiday per year
Contract hourly rate
- Hourly rates are dependent on experience and will range between $65-$80.
- Compensation is dependent on experience and will range between $50,000-$65,000.
How to apply...
Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.