Marketing Specialist (Contract)
Smith + Connors is looking for a Marketing Specialist with agency experience for a remote contract position immediately.
We are a brand-focused strategy, design, and website development studio. Our work encompasses brand identity, graphics, websites, branded environments, and communications. The partners work directly with clients across disciplines to produce exceptional strategies and assets for our purpose-driven organizations and businesses. We have extremely high standards, employ a collaborative design approach, and run a fast-paced environment. Our ethos: humanity, honesty, directness, clarity, and quality.
Smith + Connors specifically seeks diverse perspectives and ideas among design candidates. We are an inclusive studio committed to equity and diversity. This is an equal employment opportunity open to applicants within the United States.
Who We’re Looking For
Our studio is looking for a seasoned professional to fill the role of Marketing Specialist. The Marketing Specialist will be responsible for executing effective marketing strategies, assisting with campaign development, analyzing the effectiveness of each campaign and developing our lead generation programs for our clients. The successful candidate will play an integral role in building and engaging the company's customer base, growing our client accounts and creating strategies that will promote the long-term growth of our studio.
- Be effective and comfortable in a fast-paced environment running multiple complex projects simultaneously.
- Be client-service oriented.
- Be extremely detail- and process-oriented.
- Have exceptional writing skills.
- Have extensive knowledge of digital marketing and campaign management.
The ideal candidate for Smith + Connors is:
- A true collaborator who loves to work with people (even if you also like to work alone).
- Deeply curious and passionate about design and communications.
- Energetic and enthusiastic about the work.
- Open to critique and learning from the team.
- Is proficient in modern production tools.
- Comfortable leaving your ego at the door and putting the work and client first.
- Open to an adaptive and collaborative team process.
Your core responsibilities will be:
- Lead assigned projects on an account management and project management basis.
- Manage studio tools, such as Basecamp, Harvest, and Slack.
- Help us review and proof materials such as proposals and deliverables before they go out into the world.
- Develop and execute on marketing strategies for projects, including our studio website and social media.
- Create and execute lead generation programs.
- Analyze data to determine marketing and campaign efficiency.
- Ensure creative marketing materials undergo regular review and adhere to client and studio brand guidelines.
- Develop and communicate marketing plans, campaign results and project recommendations to the senior management team.
- Write great, branded copy for our clients.
- A demonstrated history of working in a creative agency.
- Ability to clearly communicate with internal teams and external clients/accounts, while maintaining transparency and robust documentation for other team members
- Flexible and facile with multiple tools designed for managing teams
- The ability to clearly articulate ideas both verbally and in writing
- The ability to accept and respond to feedback from partners and staff
- The ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- 3+ years’ experience in a marketing role
- Strong organization and task prioritization skills
- Proficiency with Google Analytics, web analysis tools, social media.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Excellent analytical, communication and presentation skills
- A plus: proficiency using website CMS platforms.
This contract position is 100% remote, though we are ideally looking to fill this position for Pacific-time hours.
Contract hourly rate:
- Hourly rates are dependent on experience and will range from $55 – $75.
How to Apply:
Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please be sure your cover letter answers the following questions:
- Tell us about yourself, your experience, and why you’re interested in applying for this position.
- Let us know if you have specific compensation requirements.