Designer – Brand, UX/UI, Marketing (Full Time Remote)
Smith + Connors is looking for a designer with agency experience for remote full time employment immediately.
We are a brand-focused strategy, design, and website development studio. Our work encompasses brand identity, graphics, websites, branded environments, and communications. The partners work directly with clients across disciplines to produce exceptional strategies and assets for our purpose-driven organizations and businesses. We have extremely high standards, employ a collaborative design approach, and run a fast-paced environment. Our ethos: humanity, honesty, directness, clarity, and quality.
Smith + Connors specifically seeks diverse perspectives and ideas among design candidates. We are an inclusive studio committed to equity and diversity. This is an equal employment opportunity open to applicants within the United States.
Who We’re Looking For
Our studio is looking for a full time Designer to execute on brands, websites, marketing campaigns, and more.
- Demonstrate a strong portfolio with experience in brand, typography, UX/UI.
- Note: Portfolio should indicate your role on each project and the other creative team members who contributed to and guided your work.
- Have agency experience and be effective and comfortable in a fast-paced environment.
- Have expertise in modern design and layout programs (Adobe CC: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign; Figma, Google Docs + Slides; Canva)
We are looking for someone who can quickly step into this role, knowing that your past experiences, resourcefulness and can-do attitude will allow you to take on any challenge that comes your way. We are also looking for that special person that is strong enough to work independently and in close collaboration with our team, our clients, and our Directors (Account / Creative, Strategy, and Technology) to solve problems creatively. We are a tight-knit environment and culture, serving society’s change makers.
As such, big egos won’t work well here, nor will those who don’t enjoy working in close collaboration to others.
- Be extremely detail-oriented and passionate about process, relishing the minute details of complex projects with fastidious QA.
- Have a strong technical knowledge and background in project management, specifically running web development projects.
- Be a fabulous communicator—both with clients and as a part of our team. We value thoughtfully written emails and conscientious verbal communication.
- Be excited about working with designers, writers, clients, developers, people.
- Have strong knowledge of both the design and development processes in order to deliver complex projects.
- Be someone who takes initiative and thinks beyond the checklist about the nuances of complex projects and teams.
The ideal candidate for Smith + Connors is:
- Open to a highly collaborative process.
- Adaptive and flexible in a fast-paced, always-evolving environment.
- Deeply curious and passionate about design, technology and communications.
- Energetic and enthusiastic about the work (humor is a huge plus!).
- Open to critique and feedback, and learning from the team.
- Willing to do the hard work of personal and professional growth.
- Comfortable leaving your ego at the door and putting the work and client first.
- Able to clearly articulate your ideas.
Your core responsibilities will be:
- Source visuals (moodboards) according to a strategy.
- Design concepts within a strategy or brand.
Execution (Design through Production)
- Work with the creative team to execute a visual concept through final production.
- Design logos, brand systems, websites, print collateral, presentations, campaigns, social posts, and other media.
- Design type layouts and systems for digital and print applications, using advanced typography skills.
- Edit photography.
- Present work to our creative team, bringing a strong design point of view.
- Present work to clients.
- Own small scale projects independently.
- See projects through to completion.
- Create presentation materials for new business and client presentations.
- Collaborate with Tech Director and/or developers on digital design projects
What you'll achieve with us:
- Elevate organizations on a mission.
- Deliver iconic brands.
- Create beautiful websites with stellar user experiences and admin ease.
- 3+ years as a Designer in a design agency. Solid agency experience is a requirement.
- Multidisciplinary design experience – must have successfully designed for websites, brand, print, and digital projects from discovery through execution.
- A command of leading Design tools.
- Compensation is dependent on experience and will range between $63,000 – $70,000.
- We are a fully remote team and are open to all US locations.
How to apply:
Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Please be sure your cover letter includes the following:
- Tell us about yourself, your experience, and why you’re interested in applying for this position.
- Let us know if you have specific compensation requirements.