Project Manager / Producer – Digital and Branding
ABOUT SMITH & CONNORS
We design and build strategic brands and websites for businesses and organizations on a mission. You can learn more about us and our work at www.smithandconnors.com.
Who We're Looking For
Are you both detail-oriented and creative, with an impeccable sense of humor? Do you love design and technology? Do you yearn to collaborate with designers and developers while keeping them on track to bring great work into the world? Are you great with clients, using your astute emotional intelligence to balance client demands against strategy and budget? Then we like you and you might like working with us.
We are looking for someone who can quickly and fearlessly step into this role, knowing that your past experiences, resourcefulness and can-do attitude will allow you to take on any challenge that comes your way. We are also looking for that special personality that is strong enough to lead teams and manage client relationships, but collaborative enough to enjoy working closely with our Directors (Creative, Strategy, and Technology) and Senior Producer to solve problems. We are a tight-knit environment and culture serving society’s change makers. As such, big egos won’t work well here, nor will those who don’t enjoy working in close proximity to others.
- Lead production for multiple projects from discovery, strategy and design to production phases. Many of our projects are complex and digitally-centric (think web design and development) while some are purely creative (deep strategy, branding, collateral design, etc).
- Strategically manage studio PM tools, such as Asana, Harvest, Forecast, Smartsheet, etc.
- Work with the Creative, Strategy, and Tech Directors as the quality control police, assessing all deliverables and client-facing communications before they make their leap into the world.
- Work with the Production team to plan, strategize, resource, collaborate, and solve problems related to Account Management, project work, office management, etc.
- Communicate with clients, fielding feedback, questions, and scope creep—keeping them in-the-know through a tailored approach to tracking reviews and deadlines. Manage each project’s scope and timeline to keep it on track and within budget.
You Must Be
- Extremely detail-oriented and passionate about process, relishing the minute details of complex projects with fastidious QA.
- A fabulous communicator—both with clients and as a part of our team. We value thoughtfully written emails and conscientious verbal communication.
- Excited about working with designers, writers, clients, developers, people.
- A native to interactivity in mobile and web formats.
- Serious when necessary but able to enjoy a good laugh.
- Able to identify and escalate potential problems before they arise.
What You'll Achieve With Us
- Elevate organizations on a mission.
- Deliver iconic brands.
- Create beautiful websites with stellar user experiences and admin ease.
- 3+ years as a Producer or Project Manager in a design or development agency.
- Solid agency experience is a must.
- Multidisciplinary production experience – must have successfully produced/managed web design projects and creative/design projects from discovery through execution.
- A command of leading PM tools.
- History of delivering projects on time and on budget.
This position is in Portland, OR.
Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.