Project Manager/Producer - 3 month contract position
About Smith & Connors
We are a boutique agency (read: small and passionate) comprised of three partners and four employees. We design and build strategic brands and websites for businesses and organizations on a mission. You can learn more about us and our work at www.smithandconnors.com.
Who We're Looking For
Are you detail-oriented, creative, with an impeccable sense of humor? Do you love tools and to-do lists? Do you yearn to collaborate with and keep designers and developers on track to bring great work into the world? Then we like you and you might like working with us.
Our Producer is going on maternity leave mid-July for about 3 months. We are looking for someone who can step in and help move our projects along during this critical time.
Lead our projects through the strategy, design, and production phases, including complex digitally-centric projects. Think web design and development.
- Manage the scope and timelines of internal projects to keep them on track and on budget.
- Manage studio PM tools, such as Trello, Harvest, SmartSheets, etc.
- Work with our Production Assistant on tracking team hours, resourcing, contracts, actuals, and more.
- Work with the Creative, Strategy, and Tech Directors as the quality control police or last line of defence before all deliverables and client facing communication see the world.
- Communicate with clients fielding feedback, questions, and scope creep, keeping them in-the-know and tracking with reviews and deadlines.
You Must Be:
- Detail-oriented and excited about process
- A leader who loves rallying the troops, steering the ship, and other metaphors
- Excited about working with designers, clients, developers, people
- A native to interactivity in mobile and web formats
- Serious when necessary but able to enjoy a good laugh
Skills & Experience
- 2-3 years experience working in a design or development agency
- Ability to wield and manage internal and client expectations through clear documentation and communications
- An expert at both working independently and with a team
- Flexible and fluent in multiple tools designed for managing teams
- The ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Impeccable communication skills:
- The ability to clearly articulate ideas both verbally and in writing
- The ability to take and respond to feedback
This position is located in Portland, OR, and you would work at our studio at SE Hawthorne and 42nd. ALERT! You must be located in Portland for this position, please do not apply if you are not, we will not be considering anyone who can’t travel to and work from our office. There is flexibility to work from home on occasion but that would not be the norm.