Hiring A Designer
We are a small, passionate agency with disciplines in branding, design, communication strategy, and website design and development. We have employees in-house and contractors all over the world (Boston, the UK, Texas, India, and Poland, and Portland).
Most of our work is with businesses and organizations looking to improve the world or people’s lives in big and small ways. Our mission is “To manifest humanity and connection through powerful communications.” We work best with people interested in mission-related work.
When they started Smith & Connors, the partners set out to build an agency they would want to work for. We choose work that inspires us, pushes us creatively and technologically, and nudges the world toward progress. It also means we’re looking for the standout candidate who believes in our mission and is ready to truly invest in the work we do.
You can learn more about us and our work at www.smithandconnors.com.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for a designer who is as passionate about design as about doing work that is heady, content-rich, and mission-related. Do you love thinking about a brand's story and how to express it through design? Are you looking to learn and grow as a designer? We are looking for a Designer with agency experience who brings multiple disciplines — graphic and interaction design — to our work.
- Supports the Creative Team in execution and production on all projects
- Works directly under Art Director to support project development and to bring projects to completion
- Works with Art Director to learn and grow skills
- Performs production design tasks happily
- Helps build our studio culture as we grow
YOU MUST BE:
- An intensely visual person who loves making ideas manifest in the real world
- Extremely detail-oriented and organized
- A native to interactivity in mobile and web formats
- A true collaborator who loves to work with people in an open environment
- A strategic thinker who is deeply curious and passionate about brand storytelling through multiple mediums
- Authentic, optimistic, excited, and honest with your own worldview
- Open to critique and learning from the team
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Experience working in an agency or studio environment
- Expertise in design and layout programs (Adobe CC (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign), Keynote, Sketch)
- Great communication skills
- A strong knowledge of the design process in order to develop and deliver complex projects
- The ability to clearly articulate ideas both verbally and in writing
- The ability to take and respond to feedback
- The ability to manage your own time well and work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience in UX a plus
- Photography skills a plus
This position is located in Portland, OR, at our studio at SE Hawthorne and 42nd Ave. We offer a competitive salary for this position.
Please send your resume, salary requirements, and a link to your portfolio to email@example.com.